I will be assigning the following questions the first week of school, but feel free to get them done early! :)
Get to Know Mrs. Henrikson’s Website
Directions: From a computer, access my website: mrshenrikson.weebly.com. (You can also use your cell phone to access the site, but the mobile page view is slightly different, so you’ll have to adjust the directions below a bit.) Answer your questions on a sheet of lined paper. Write your proper heading on the top right corner of your paper.
1. The main page of my website shows a picture of my class on our annual Outsiders dress up day. What am I wearing in the picture?
2. On the top left corner of each page are three small lines. Click on those lines. How many pages do you see listed?
3. Click on “Daily Updates.” Get familiar with this page. As you scroll down this page, you’ll notice what I use this section of my website for (you may need to hit the “previous” button on the bottom of the page to get a better idea of how I use this page). What kind of information will you find on this page?
4. Click on the top three lines again. Click on “Projects Due.” What are the first three projects you see on this page?
5. What happens when you click on one of the red buttons below each project?
6. Now find my “Meet Mrs. Henrikson” page. Take a moment to read the letter I wrote to you.
a. List three activities I did this summer.
b. How many years have I been teaching?
c. What are my boys’ names?
7. Go back to the main page—“Mrs. Henrikson’s Class.” Click on the “Remind/Email Directions” button. If you have not yet signed up for my email and Remind lists, take a few minutes to sign up for each one right now. Both are required.
8. Look to the right hand column of the same page. Click on the “Tips for Success” category. Read through the 24 tips that previous students wrote for you. What 3 tips do you find most important or most interesting? (Write the tips out; don’t just write the number.)
9. Go back to the main page--“Mrs. Henrikson’s Class.” What printable downloads can you find on this page?
10. Email is the best way to contact me. Find my email address by clicking on the “Email Mrs. Henrikson” button on the main page. Write my email address (spell my name correctly!!).
My promise to you: