1. Collect Outsiders journal #5
2. Outsiders quiz #3 (chp. 7)
3. Read chapter 8 aloud
4. Assign Outsiders acrostic poem; due date TBD
1. Read 22.4-22.6 and complete reading notes and vocab
none due to testing!
1. Periods 1 and 5: Outsiders idiom activity
2. "Nothing Gold Can Stay" poetry analysis
3. Outsiders journal entry #5:
On Jay Mountain, Ponyboy recites the poem “Nothing Gold Can Stay” by Robert Frost.
1. What does this poem mean? (What is the literal meaning? Think: nature) What theme is being expressed? (What is the real meaning?) Use specific evidence from the poem to support your answer.
2. What metaphors do you see in the poem? What significance do these metaphors play at this point in the novel?
Or… (choose only one number 2)
2. Give an example of a paradox that you see in this poem. How does Ponyboy prove to be a paradox in the story?
3. What is “gold” at this point in the story? How is this poem an example of foreshadowing? Use specific evidence to support your answer.
1. Outsiders: read chp. 7
2. Outsiders: finish journal entry#5
HISTORY (PERIODS 2/4):
1. Finish kabuki drama performances
2. Preview 22
3. Read 22.1-22.3 and complete reading notes.
4. Begin chp. 22 vocab
My promise to you: