1. Pass back graded work
2. Collect theme paragraphs
3. Parts of sentence notes (see download below) **notes are written on lined paper this time!**
4. handbook p. 7 whiteboard practice (subjects)
1. Collage groups
1. Finish collage captions on Google Docs; bring in supplies for collages (including poster board)
1. Ashland partners
2. Theme: "Those Winter Sundays" analysis
3. Brainstorm common themes for the two poems for tonight's homework assignment.
1. Correct B/C/D activity
2. Collage groups: read/write captions on computers
1. Secret Heart/Winter Sundays written response
1. Theme: "The Secret Heart" --poetry analysis in groups
2. Ashland partners
1. Finish Confucianism/Buddhism/Daoism activity
1. Finish C/B/D activity if not completed in class
1. Theme: add one piece of evidence to the theme you wrote for "The Highwayman"
2. Finish the figurative language activity: p. 169 (add two new examples of figurative language to the bottom of the list)
1. Confucianism, Buddhism, Daoism activity (slide notes below)
1. Finish "Theme" study guide (p. 158-159)
2. Read "The Highwayman" p. 160+. Write one theme for the poem. (A one sentence message about a particular topic--love, jealousy, loyalty...)
3. Begin figurative language activity on p. 169. We will finish this on Monday.
1. Correct chp. 19 vocab and notes
2. Complete essential quetions 1, 2, 3, 6, and 8 with a partner. Due Monday.
1. Finish EQ's if not finished in class.
My promise to you: